Monday, May 17, 2010

Houston, we have contact!

I finally called YFU today, and I got some dates for my program. I leave Austin on June 6th, and then there's a two and a half day orientation in Berkeley, CA. Then on the 9th I leave or Japan! Pros: I will finally be able to take the SAT, thanks tothe Austin Peace Academy fiasco; I will be back in time for my family reunion, which I didn't get to go to last year; I get to go to Berkeley; I'm going to JAPAN, which basically trumps all. Cons: I will not be able to go to divisionals or nationals; I will not be able to see my aunt, my uncle, nor my cousins when they visit; I won't be able to take the free ACT (sorry TEA, for wasting your money); I won't be able to see my brother until I get home. Even so, I think the pros still outweigh the cons. T-minus 23 days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment